July 23, 2021 — While many employees are continuing to work from home, the Office of Information Technology (OIT) and the Department of Personnel & Administration (DPA) have set some interim guidelines for the print-from-home process for all departments and employees moving forward.
OIT/Office on Information Security (OIS) and DPA/DCS IDS Secure Office Print Ecosystem program (SOPE) strongly recommend that agencies limit printing for the State-extended home office until a solution is built and secured for printers.
Leadership should always encourage any State personnel to go to the office for their printing — it is the most secure. Also, since agencies pay a minimum with print included, it would be best to leverage existing unused printing allowances on their devices.
OIT/OIS and SOPE have defined the following guidelines for the interim to limit risk:
- Guideline 1 — Go into the office when necessary to do any office printing
- Guideline 2 — If going to the office is not a viable option due to travel, OIT/SOPE recommends the agency purchase a printer from SOPE printer standards
- Guideline 3 — Due to the risk, OIT/OIS will not authorize State printing on personally owned devices
First Step — Contact & Waiver Request
Please send an email to email@example.com to send via DocuSign "Secure Office Print Ecosystem (SOPE).
Print from Home Waiver Request
- A limited amount of requests (20) have been procured for the State at this time — first-come, first-served until further notice
- Waiver Request is available for access here (PDF)
- Handwritten requests will not be accepted
Second Step — Procurement
Waiver Approval & Exemption
If requesting an exemption from using the State's SOPE printing service, a waiver must be approved by IDS SOPE, per the State of Colorado Statue.
- Fill out the waiver and attach "Secure Office Print Ecosystem (SOPE) Print from Home Waiver Request" (Approved)
- Select the printer from the SOPE printer standards
- A waiver will be approved and sent via email
- A copy of the waiver will be forwarded to the OIT Desk Side teams to approve RQS