- An applicant must be a survivor of sexual assault, domestic violence or stalking/harassment who fears for their safety.
- Co-applicants can be listed on the application if they reside with an enrolling survivor and their enrollment will contribute to the survivor's safety.
- Co-applicants can be children or adults, but all adults must understand and agree to enrollment terms before signing the application.
- The applicant must provide evidence of victimization, such as a police report, protection order, agency documents, or a letter from a professional who has provided counseling, medical services, religious support, referrals, or other direct services.
- An applicant has relocated within the past 90 days or is planning to relocate.
- Applicants must reside in Colorado.
- Meet with an Application Assistant (AA) - a person who provides counseling, referral, or other direct victim services and has been trained and registered by the ACP. A listing of enrolling agencies is found at the end of this page.
- You and the AA will discuss your eligibility for the ACP and assess whether the program is a good fit for your circumstances.
- AAs are not employees of the ACP and may have agency service limitations.
- Only AAs can make ACP referrals and submit ACP applications.
- If you and the AA determine that the ACP should become part of your overall safety plan, you and the AA will complete and sign the ACP Application Form.
- Individuals who reside in the same location as the Primary Applicant can enroll as a co-applicant and should be listed on the Application Form.
- Anyone you intend to list as a co-applicant, who is 18 years of age or older, must be present at the meeting to sign the Application form.
- Children can enroll with the permission of their legal guardian.
- The AA submits your application to the ACP.
- The ACP processes the application within 3-4 business days.
- The ACP assigns your household a substitute address and mails you a "Welcome Packet," containing program information, guidance, and forms.
- Your certification in the program is valid for 4 ears from your enrollment date. You will be contact prior to that date regarding renewal.
To begin the enrollment process, contact an application center in your area and request a meeting with an Application Assistant. A listing of Application Assistants and enrolling agencies can be found on the Application Center Locations page.